Day 3 I did 3 parks!

The plan for today is for Rob to take the boys to Hollywood Studios for the morning Extra Magic Hour to get them signed up for Jedi Training, and do all things Star Wars, while Carolyn and I have a morning at Magic Kingdom, then meet the boys at HS, and after a break, end our day with the World Showcase at Epcot.

We had a pretty rough night of sleep. Carolyn woke up and started pelting us with Flynn's stuffed animals to try to wake Rob up from snoring. (I was the one that ended up waking up, and had to whisper yell for her to knock it off before she woke up everyone else!) Anyway...the boys got up bright and early and were off to Hollywood Studios. Once they were gone, I got up and got ready for a morning at Magic Kingdom. Carolyn desperately needed sleep, and I knew neither of us would enjoy ourselves if I made her get up, so I woke her briefly to let her know to sleep in and I would be back in a few hours.
I got to the bus stop, and the first bus that came by for MK drove right by us because it was full. The next bus was due in 15 minutes. At that point, I should have started walking to the first bus stop (ours was the third stop), but I stayed put. The time on the bus monitor kept increasing for the Magic Kingdom bus, it crept up to almost 30 minutes, and I was worried the next bus would be full too. I briefly considered getting an Uber, but I left my purse in the room, and there was no way I was going to head back to wake the teenager! At that moment, a bus to Epcot showed up, and I jumped on, figuring I would just grab the monorail at Epcot over to TTC then Magic Kingdom. I was just happy to be moving and feel like I was making some progress! At the TTC, the monorail was not running, and everyone was being moved to the ferry to Magic Kingdom...seriously, I felt like I was not meant to go there!

Empty ferry pulling up next to us for the next load of guests, Finally on board and getting one step closer to Magic Kingdom, and how I feel about my morning thus far!

This whole morning was yet another lesson in do as I say, not as I do! I left my room before 8:00, and did not get through the gates of MK until 9:15! It seems like everyone had the same issues though, because once I got past the castle, there were no crowds at all! I got to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and walked right on! Then, I zipped over to the Haunted Mansion, and was next up to go into the Stretching Room! After that, I had my first ever fruit and nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow (I don't know why I waited so long to try that, it is now a must have for every trip!)

It was time to go meet Carolyn back at the resort and catch up with Rob and the boys at Hollywood Studios. We got there a little before it was time for Jedi Training, so I took advantage of my fastpass for Toy Story Mania, then made it back just in time to watch the boys complete their training.

I may be a little biased, but is he not the cutest Jedi ever?

Carolyn and Evan got a chance to ride Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror while we took Flynn to meet Chewbacca, then we took a little break.

In the evening, we went to Epcot to tour the World Showcase, and check out the all new Festival of the Arts. We decided to just snack around the World for dinner, and we were STARVING when we got there! We ended up in Mexico and grabbed some nachos to start out with. I wish we would have tried just about anything other than those! They were your run of the mill nachos with plastic cheese and toppings. The margaritas next door at Cava del Tequila made up for it though! Some of the highlights of the night (foodwise) were the Roasted Pork Roulade at  The Artist's Table at American Adventure. We also had the Futomaki Sushi and Blood Orange Sake Mist at Kabuki Cafe in Japan, and at Pop Eats, we loved the Shrimp Ceviche and the Sous Vide Venison! (Plus, the kids loved the Pop't Art)

Pork Roulade from the Artist's Table...and that was the only pic I got of our food all night!

I majorly slacked on taking pictures (especially of all the delicious offerings), but here are a few from our evening.

I don't know why there are no pictures with Evan! I swear he was with us, and had an amazing time, but every time I tried to get a picture of him, he ducked. We had an incredible night at Epcot, and best of all, Rob and I broke our streak of having meltdowns in Germany! Flynn still doesn't do fireworks, so we started making our way out of the park before Illuminations began, and had a quiet rest of the night at Port Orleans Riverside.

No comments:

Post a Comment